Samaritan Health Plans develops and adopts evidence-based Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs). The CPGs are meant to assist providers in making decisions about appropriate health care for specific clinical circumstances. They are also intended to improve the quality and consistency of care provided to members. Each SHP CPG is endorsed by a physician champion and adopted by our Quality Management Council.
The QMC recently adopted:
- The updated Recommended Adult and Child Preventive Screening Guideline.
- The updated Recommended Adult Immunization Guideline.
- The updated Recommended Childhood Immunization Guideline.
QMC also reviewed the following CPGs endorsed by the Dental Health Advisory Committee:
- Antibiotic Use for Urgent Management of Dental Pain.
- Antibiotics to Prevent Infection in Prosthetic Joints.
- Fluoride TP for Young Children.
- Nonfluoride Caries Preventive Agents.
- Prevention of Viridans Group Streptococcal Infective Endocarditis.
- Topical Fluoride for Caries Prevention.
- Oral Health Care in Pregnancy.
To review all CPGs, please visit the Care Management webpage and click the down arrow to view the Clinical Guidelines section. There you’ll find medical, behavioral health and dental health guidelines.